Saturday 29 March 2014

Seven Spring/Summer Essentials

Now that spring is here (although where I am it doesn't feel like it) I thought I would share with you some of my spring/summer musts.

1. Contemporary young adult books.
A little snapshot of some of my contemporary YA books for you - all of which are brilliant!                         
I love reading outside in spring and summer and I think light books with lots of humour are a great read at  this time of the year. They are easy to read and always make me feel really happy. Some good examples are: Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan, Just One Day by Gayle Forman and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.

2. Pastel Nail Varnish
(Left to right) Maybelline Super Stay in mint for life, Barry M matte in Vanilla, Barry M Gelly in papaya. 
Pastel nail varnishes look so cute and pretty and I think they make an outfit look that much more summery and really bring a whole look together.

3. BB Cream
Maybelline Drean Pure BB cream
I think BB cream is perfect for spring/summer. It is very light on the skin and is much better for it than a heavy foundation. This means that it gives a very natural, soft and dewy finish.  It also has SPF in it and is moisturising, both of which are essential for warmer weather.

4. Highlighter
Topshop Glow Highlighter in Polished
I think that beautifully highlighted skin looks so pretty in spring and summer. It makes your skin look so much brighter and fresher and really catches the sun giving a very healthy look.

5. Sunglasses.
Primark- bought last year. You can tell how long it's been since I've worn them by how dusty they are
Sunglasses are a must have this seasons. Not only are they great on bright days, but they also make a brilliant and effortless accessory that can really complete an outfit.

6. Dresses
Mixture of mainly Newlook, Topshop, River Island (and unknown)
Dresses look so cute and pretty in the summer and they are really great for both the day and evening. They are easy to wear and because there are so many different styles, there will always be one that suits you.

7. High waisted shorts
Primark
Your spring/summer wardrobe would not be complete with out a pair or two of some high waisted shorts. They always look great and are the easiest thing ever to style. Also, they are a lot more practical then skirts - especially when wanting to avoid a Marilyn Monroe moment!

So those are my seven essentials for spring/summer. I hope you enjoyed this post.
What are your spring/summer musts?
<3 Ellen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment