Sunday 2 March 2014

Febuary Favourites

There aren't too many things that I discovered last month and really loved. But I love doing favourite posts as it's a good way to keep track, so my febuary favourites will largely consist of things that have been my favourites for a while but just haven't really talked about that much.


My absolute favourite of this month was City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, which is the first book in the Mortal Instruments series. I loved this story line so much, it was really fun and fast moving and the plot twist near the end was so unpredictable and unbearable but in an amazing way (if that makes any sense). It is a supernatural series where we follow Clary who begins to see people and things that other people can't see and after her mum gets kidnapped, ends up falling into a world full of demons, shadow hunters and adventure. It really is brilliant, I read all 442 paged in 3 days it was that addictive. Even now, I still can't stop thinking about the story and am so excited to continue with the series.

Another thing I loved in febuary was the Toni & Guy Cleanse Dry Shampoo. It is an amazing, quick way to revive your hair- especially since febuary has been so busy for me. It leaves my hair feeling so much fresher, gives it volume and doesn't even leave behind white marks or a weighty feel which I know lots of dry shampoos often do. I am really enjoying using it.

I have also loved using the Rose Jam shower gel from Lush. It smells absolutely amazing and I can't get enough of it. It leaves you smelling so good for the rest of the day. I have almost finished the bottle, so definitely will be needing to buy a massive one soon and the other products they have in Lush with this scent.

I am also loving Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs. This is so a lovely perfume and the bottle is so pretty as well. It is really fresh, light and a little floral so it is not too overpowering like some perfumes can be. I think it will be even ome suited to summer time and it just leaves you smelling as fresh as a daisy (see what I did there...?) . My only criticism is that it doesn't tend to last for that long but it is easy enough to re-spray it.


The final thing I really enjoyed in febuary was Carrie Fletcher's youtube channel, ItsWayPastMyBedTime. Her videos are so funny and witty and adds a bit more diversity to watch a youtuber who is a girl but doesn't do beauty/fashion so I really enjoy that. Also her sibling is Tom Fletcher from McFly/McBusted who also has a youtube channel which I love! They have an amazing series together where they make youtube videos so to talk to each other and they are hilarious so definitely check them out if you like that type of thing!
I hope you enjoyed this post and had a lovely Febuary. It felt really long to me even though it's only a short month! I am definitely glad it's finally March as it means spring is just around the corner. 
<3 Ellen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment