Friday 3 January 2014

The New Year Project : Strengths



I have always thought that it is important to know your strengths because it will help you through hard times and help you succeed in achieving the life that you want, however when I came to do this post I realised that I had no idea what my strengths are. Strengths are not necessarily what you are good at, but aspects of your personality that you feel make you a stronger and better person. I had a long think about this and about myself and chose a few traits that I see as my strengths.
Outspoken (not afraid to express opinions)
I have some very strong opinions about some things (e.g I am very "pro-equality") and I am not afraid to express my opinion. If someone says something I think is wrong, or I disagree with I will tell them, whether they are a close friend or someone I don't know. If it means they think differently of me, it doesn't matter. My opinions are a part of who I am, so if they don't like it, who cares. Being opiniated, makes me feel a little strong-minded and I personally think it is a strength and makes me a better person.
Hard-working
I think that I can be a very hard-working person. I try my hardest in almost everything I do and feel discontent if I haven't. I think that good things do not and should not come easily and that hard work is very important and always needed, no matter how talented someone may be. This is a strength of mine because it means that I do better in things, achieve good results and always strive to improve.
Loyal and caring
I think that I am quite a loyal and caring person. I stand up for my friends and family and will help them, offer advice and look after them when they need it. My friends and family are the most important things to me and I try to always be there for them. I see this as a strength because it makes me feel like a better person and means that I have the ability to put ither peoples needs before mine which makes me feel stronger.

Strengths are are really important thing to think about; they help you believe in yourself and know what the right thing to do is. Someone once said success is achieved by development of our strengths, not by elimination of our weakness. I think that is something really important to keep in mind, your strengths will help you more than your weakness will hinder you.
What are your strengths?
<3 Ellen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment