Friday 23 August 2013

Liebster Award!


Amazing news! I have been nominated for the Liebster award by the gorgeous Katie from www.spotsandstripes99.blogspot.co.uk. She writes a great blog called Tickety Boo, please go and check her out of you haven't already! 
For those of you who don't know, the Liebster Award is a nomination award for up and coming bloggers with under 200 followers. It is so that they can get more recognition and gain more followers and readers. If nominated, you must put up a post on your blog with the Liebster Award logo on it. You most also nominate 11 other bloggers, answer 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you, write 11 facts about yourself and give your nominees 11 questions of your own for them to answer. 
You must nominate bloggers with under 200 followers (on places such as GFC, google plus, or Bloglovin') and tell them personally via a blog comment, or through another form of contact, bit cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
I was so happy to be nominated this award as not only will it help me and my blog, but it gives me a chance to help others as well. Things like this portrays the amazing blogging community, and the beauty of the internet. Some think that the Internet is full of dodgy people waiting to scam, cheat and lie, but this shows that it is the minority and so many people are really, really sweet which is what I love about blogging. 

So here are the 11 questions set by Katie:
1. If you could have a magical power for one day only, what would it be?
I think that it would be to fly. It would be such an amazing experience to see the world in a different way and to feel weightless. To me, it would be as if you couldn't have a care in the world, and for that one day everything would be perfect, no stress, no worries or responsibilities just the brilliance of being able to do that for one day.
2. Favourite colour?
Definitely mint green!
3. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
Answering this was hard, but I came to the conclusion that it could not be my favourite food (pasta) as it would become boring and would not be substantial and balanced enough. Pizza is my choice as it has a bit of every food group on/in it and would not become as boring.
4. Favourite makeup brand?
My favourite makeup brand is benefit. Ideally I would buy most of my makeup from there, but unfortunate it is quite pricey and high end resulting in me only having the mascara (and that was a present). I probably buy most of my makeup from Rimmel and L'oreal, which I also love.
5.Number one reason you started a blog?
I think that I started it because I wanted to see what it would be like, I wanted to enjoy doing something just for me and I wanted to see if I could do it. But, I suppose I also started it to find myself and to improve my confidence.( I know it's not a one reason but I couldn't decide..)
6. If you could start your blog over what would you change?
I have no idea, I don't think I would know until I did it. However I think the design of my blog would be changed now that I know more about how it all works.
7. A makeup item you could not live without?
This was between mascara and concealer, but I chose concealer as I have dark eyelashes so I could mimic it with eyelash curlers. Concealer, for me is essential -especially my collection concealer- I feel the main thing that makes me look nicer is covering up blemishes and dark circles, it makes a grea difference.
8. Favourite season?
 My favourite season is spring as you get the best of both winter and summer. Additionally I love spring clothing!
9. What is your favourite type of blog post?
My favourite type of blog post to read are ones that have a bit of humour and I can relate to-mainly lifestyle and chatty posts, I like product posts too! My favourite blog posts to write are either favourites or chatty/lifestyle ones. However I really enjoy baking ones and the look book I did.  
10. Favourite accessory?
This is a hard question because I wear earrings the most, but I don't think they are my favourite as I could go without them, whereas a pretty necklace or bracelet often really brings an outfit together.
11. Where do you see your blog on 2 years?
Ooooh..hard question, I honestly have absolutely no idea! I like to think that it would of had a makeover, the content would be better and I would have some more readers, but I don't know ipf that will be the case.

11 facts about me~
1. I have 2 cats, Shadow and Tammy
2. I have a hamster named after Ron Weasley
3. My favourite sport is Netball
4. I love France, and would love to live there, but not forever
5. My favourite high street shop is New Look
6. I cry at a lot of things~ sad charity adverts, books, films, many things Harry Potter related, the news and even particularly cute kittens
7. When I was little I was afraid of Father Christmas 
8. I feel most peaceful when baking
9. My favourite subject is History
10. I would much rather spend a night in with my friends, watching tv in my pyjamas than at a big party
11. My favourite wild animal is a giraffe, they are so cute and cool!

My 11 nominees~
www.rarareid.wordpress.com
www.FloresYModa.blogspot.co.uk
www.antiquesncoffee.blogspot.com
www.ditsysprinkles.blogspot.com
www.lollylou97.blogspot.ca
www.knotsandruffles.blogspot.com
www.braidingit.blogspot.com
www.alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk
www.itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk
www.thebelleaventure.blogspot.com
www.sophiaspocket.blogspot.co.uk

I have chosen blogs that I love, ones that I have discovered both since i was nominated and from a while back. They are some of my absolute favourites, ones that are as good as those with 100s and 100s of followers. They deserve a lot more recognition then they receive. More people should read their blogs as they will enjoy them as much as I do.

My 11 questions for them~
1. Why did you start a blog?
2. What is your favourite thing about being a blogger?
3. What is your favourite highstreet store?
4. Do you have an ambition in life, what is it?
5. Do you have a favourite blogger/youtuber?
6. What is your favourite book?
7. If you could spend £1000 on only one type of thing (e.g makeup, clothes, books, music) what would you choose to spend it on?
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
9. Who is your inspiration/role model?
10. What is your favourite type of blog post?
11. If you had one wish only, what would you wish for?

And one for luck... (couldn't leave it out, but doesn't have to be answered)
12. If your home was on fire, and you had 60 seconds to grab the one thing most special to you, what would it be?

 So that is it, I hope you enjoyed this post and feel you know a bit more about me. I hope you also follow everyone (including the blogger who nominated me) I have mentioned, or at least check their blogs out. Please follow my blog if you haven't already and you like what you see. Thanks to Katie for nominating me and to all those who are following me and have made blogging even more fun!
<3 Ellen x

No comments:

Post a Comment